The Whole Life Wellness Wheel
Whole-Life Wellness Wheel developed by Jess Leggatt (C) 2015
Living a WHOLE LIFE is a choice we make for ourselves every day. A healthy, balanced lifestyle engages all 7 domains.
- Nourishing your body with wholesome nutritious food that suits your unique bio-individuality
- Engaging in meaningful physical activity & mindful movement exercises to promote strength, flexibility and positive mind-body connections
- Engaging in healthy lifestyle behaviours that support health of internal bodily systems
- Participating in the functional physical tasks that are important to you (house, home, parenting, work, fitness)
- Looking after your posture and hydrating your body
- Caring for your brain health and feeding your most complex organ with positive stimulation, knowledge and meaningful learning experiences
- Keeping an open, inquiring mind – using your mind as a tool to make wise choices & foster continued growth and evolvement
- Giving your mind adequate time to rest and be still; be present
- Emotional embodiment – seeking greater self-awareness and inquiry of your emotional health.
- Fostering active acceptance, forgiveness and compassion in your daily life
- Connecting with your values, your deepest heartfelt desires, so that you can be the person we want to be and live the life you want to live.
- Engaging the heart-mind for greater care and kindness for yourself and others
- Bringing a sense of play, creativity, gratitude and optimism into daily life
- Seeking out meaning & purpose in your life
- Exploring your personal views of life, and how you connect & fit in with your community, the world and the Universe
- Connecting with your ‘inner essence’ – your spirit, your soul, your unchanging sense of self
- Getting in touch with spiritual practices and beliefs that are important to you
- Activating and enriching your inner and outer life through spiritual integration (‘spiritual grounded-ness’)
- Fostering relationships, and nurturing meaningful connections
- Engaging in mindful communication
- Reaching out to your own personal community of support
- Cultivating fun, love, intimacy and connectedness in your life
- Looking at how your outside world effects your inside world
- Being aware of your physical environment (home, work, exposure to toxins/chemicals, benefit of nature, being outdoors, connection to mother Earth) and how it impacts your health
- Acknowledging the impact of your social environment, those you live with and the important people in your life, and how they affect your health
- Looking at your financial landscape, your monetry resources and the influence this has on your life
- Acknowledging wider external influences (social laws, cultures, traditions) that might be effecting your health
- Acknowledging outer energy systems and cosmic influences and the impact they have on your own inner systems, balance and experiences
Rest / Mindfulness:
- Using ‘active rest’ strategies like meditation, and deep breathing to elicit the relaxation response and promote optimal healing and wellbeing
- Getting good quality, deep sleep each night
- Making time for self nourishment and nurture
- Maintaining a healthy work-life balance, and taking time-out when needed
- Adopting a mindful way of life, connecting to the present moment & enjoying activities that bring a sense of flow, joy & deep aliveness
Striving for good health and a healthy engagement with life is about striving for balance. The Whole-Life Wellness Wheel is a great place to initiate life balance. You can visualise the wheel as a starting place for working towards your own health, wellbeing and life-fullfilment.
Are you living a WHOLE LIFE?
Want to know more?
Sign up to the mailing list to receive your FREE copy of the The Whole-Life Fitness Starter Kit (sign up box to the right). The Starter Kit will give you your own comprehensive guide to the Whole-life Wheel and how you can use it in your life. Start creating balance today!